Monday, December 27, 2010

A Beginning

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

ALL MY LIFE, I've had direction. Something to work toward. A tangible, reachable endpoint that my entire purpose was to achieve. When I went to college, I lost that.

Now, I know what this sounds like--another college student's new year's blog, resolving to find their purpose in life. That is not what I want this to turn out to be. In fact, I've got very little idea as to what I would like this to turn out to be. Probably nothing. All the same, I would like some record of that nothing when it is all said and done. Whatever "it" happens to be.

I am done with following maps. I am sick of tracing over semi-lucid paths that others have laid out before me. I am ready to wander; not without purpose, don't get me wrong, but wander all the same. This blog, whatever it results in, will be a reflection on these wanderings so that in hindsight, perhaps my aimlessness will have a greater purpose.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is: this is my beginning. Together, we will hopefully see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment